TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please review the following terms and conditions for e3 Partners.
e3 Expedition Contract
By clicking “I agree to the trip terms and conditions”, I am indicating that I would like to participate as a member of UA’s student nursing, social work or other medical educational team traveling with an e3 Partners Ministry Expedition, and I am committed to obtain all of the funds necessary to do so. I realize that all funds that I obtain for this Expedition are considered as charitable contributions to e3 (a non profit organization), and therefore are the property of e3, for federal income tax purposes to the extent permitted by law. Tax-deductible contributions will not be refunded.
I realize that all checks should be made payable to e3 Partner’s Fund at Pure Charity, P.O. Box 1053, Searcy, AR 72145. If you are a resident of Canada, all checks or money orders must be sent to: Emmanuel Baptist Charitable Foundation (EBCF), 171 Rothsay Avenue, Kitchener, ON N2B 3S6. All funds will be administered as a personal “e3 Expedition account” in my name for this Expedition. I understand that this account will be established upon approval of my application, and the receipt of a $100 non-refundable deposit. e3 may increase the price of this Expedition upon notice to team members.
If I am able to participate as a member of UA’s student nursing, social work or other medical educational team traveling with the e3 Expedition, the Expedition price, established by e3, and any expenses incurred by e3 on my behalf for this e3 Expedition, will be deducted from my e3 Expedition account. I will submit:
• 50% of e3 Expedition price (after $100 deposit) at least 90 days prior to the Expedition departure date; and
• All remaining e3 Expedition price at least 30 days prior to the Expedition departure date.
In the event that e3 Expedition funds raised exceed the Expedition price by $200 or more, I understand that I may request such funds be applied as a non-refundable deposit toward a future e3 Expedition before the end of the next calendar year. These funds will be moved to an e3 pending account. No interest will accrue for funds left in an e3 pending account. Any funds not used by the end of the following calendar year will be used to further the mission of e3, and all records of my e3 pending account may be discarded. In the event that e3 Expedition funds raised exceed Expedition costs by less than $200, such excess funds may be used, by e3, to cover other e3 costs.
In the event that I do not participate as a member of UA’s student nursing, social work or other medical educational team traveling with the e3 Expedition, or an Expedition is cancelled due to reasons outside of e3’s control (political turmoil, natural disaster, etc.), any expenses incurred for me or on my behalf (airline cancellation fees, deposits, etc.) will be deducted from my e3 Expedition account, and I will be responsible for any deficit. I will pay any deficit within fifteen (15) days following notice to me of the amount of such deficit. Any funds remaining in my e3 Expedition account, after all of my expenses are paid, may be used in the way described in the previous paragraph.
I grant to e3 Partners Ministry, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with my participation in the Expedition that is the subject of this Agreement. I authorize e3 Partners Ministry, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that e3 Partners Ministry may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and Web content.
I have received, reviewed, and agree to adhere to the terms of this e3 Expedition Contract, and the Expedition Release and e3 Expedition Policy (collectively called “the Policies”) that are below.
I desire to travel to one or more foreign countries in cooperation with e3 Partners Ministry for the purpose of participating as a member of UA’s student nursing, social work or other medical educational team traveling with one or more e3 Expeditions organized by e3 Partners Ministry, or otherwise. On behalf of myself, my heirs, representatives and assigns, I hereby release and forever discharge e3 Partners Ministry, my university, its partners and affiliates, and its respective members, employees, officers, directors, Board of Trustees, and representatives from and against any and all claims for any and all injuries (including death), losses or damages I might have or sustain on or in any way relating to any such e3 Expedition, any travel to, in and from any foreign countries or any stay in foreign countries, whether before, during or after an e3 Expedition or otherwise.
I understand that travel may involve significant risks and that travel to some areas of the world involves greater health and safety risks than foreign travel in general. If I make changes in my flight itinerary, I understand that I am no longer under the responsibility of e3 Partners Ministry, and my travel insurance expires on the original scheduled date. I understand that it is my sole responsibility to gather whatever information I need in order to assess the risk involved in any travel, stay or other activity contemplated by this RELEASE. My signature on this RELEASE and my participation in any such activity means that I have to my full satisfaction obtained all information necessary for me to assess the risk and to participate willingly.
I am nineteen (19) years of age or older, and this RELEASE is binding on me and my executor, administrators, heirs and assigns.
To the extent I am a UA student, I agree with e3 Partners Ministry that any claim or dispute covered by, arising from or related to this Release, Contract or any e3 Expedition in which I participate shall be submitted to mediation by a mutually agreed upon mediator. All such mediation shall take place in Birmingham, Alabama. I agree with e3 Partners Ministry that such mediation will be the sole means available to us for resolving any controversy or claim covered by, arising from or related to this Release, Contract or any e3 Expedition in which I participate, and that we each expressly waive our rights to file a lawsuit in any civil court against one another for such disputes. Nothing in this paragraph shall prevent e3 Partners Ministry, or any released party, from asserting or pleading this Release as a defense in any action or proceeding brought against e3 Partners Ministry or any released party.
To the extent that I am a UA faculty member traveling on behalf of the university, and any claim against me or UA would relate to my capacity as a UA employee and expose any of UA’s resources, then this mandatory mediation provisions above do not apply. Instead, in that situation, any claims against me and/or UA arising from or related to this release, contract or any e3 Expedition shall be filed with the Alabama State Board of Adjustment in compliance with Ala. Code Sections 41-9-60 through 41-9-74.
e3 Expedition Policy
I realize that the following elements are crucial to the effectiveness, quality, and safety of our e3 Expedition together. As a member of the UA’s student nursing, social work or other medical educational team traveling with the e3 Expedition Team, I agree to:
1. Remember that I am a guest working at the invitation of a local host organizations.
2. Remember that I have come to learn, not to teach. I may run across procedures that I feel are inefficient, or attitudes that I find closed-minded. I will resist the temptation to inform our hosts about “how I do things,” unless specifically asked by my faculty member or e3 Team Leader. I will be open to learning other people’s methods and ideas.
3. Respect the host’s religion and spiritual activities. I understand that spiritual activities will be going on in addition to health care, and that I have the option to participate or not.
4. Develop and maintain a servant’s attitude toward all nationals and my teammates.
5. Respect and obey my Expedition leader(s) and his or her decisions.
6. Refrain from gossip. I may be surprised at how each person will blossom when freed from the concern that others may be passing judgment.
7. Refrain from complaining. I know that travel can present numerous unexpected and undesired circumstances, but the rewards of conquering such circumstances are innumerable. I will try to be creative and supportive.
8. Respect the work that is going on in the country with the organizations or person(s) with whom we are working. I realize that our Expedition is there for just a short while, but that the local hosts are here for the long term. I will respect their knowledge, insights, and instructions.
9. Refrain from negative political comments or hostile discussions concerning our host country’s politics.
10. Remember not to be exclusive in my relationships. If my close friend or spouse is on the Expedition, we will make every effort to interact with all members of the Expedition, not just one another.
11. Refrain from any activity that could be construed as a romantic interest toward anyone. I realize certain activities that seem innocent in my own culture may seem inappropriate in others.
12. Abstain from the consumption of alcoholic beverages, the use of tobacco, or any distracting, disruptive or divisive behavior while preparing for or on the Expedition.
13. Dress in an appropriate and modest manner, respectful of the culture and traditions of the particular area of the country we are visiting. Faculty, after consultation with e3 team leader(s), communicate specific dress limitations, and students agree to abide by the faculty instructions. All nursing students and faculty will wear scrubs for the clinic.